Interested in Saving Our History?
The South Western Electricity Historical Society wishes to recruit persons interested in electricity history and/or the industrial archaeology of the South Western area of England
Who Are We?
What Do We Do?
- Meetings & visits throughout the South West (approx. 7 or 8) per year,which are usually held on a Saturday.
- Look after South Western Electricity Archive based at Redland, Bristol, which involves answering history enquiries from the public.
- Rescuing many electricity archives and records.
- Maintaining a small Electricity Museum at Redland, Bristol.
- Developing an Education/Visitor Centre at Cairns Road, Redland, Bristol.
- Weekend away every two years.
Current membership stands at around 100 throughout the S.W. Peninsula, so there's a good chance of seeing someone you know.
Come and join us at only £7.50 per annum
Membership Application Form - Click Here
- If you have a query concerning historical facts or archival content click here to contact our Secretary
- If you wish to make a comment on the Society or the Web site click here
- If you require more information about membership click here to contact our Treasurer
- If you have an item for the Histalec Newsletter click here
- If you have a photo for the web site Album click here
- If you wish to contact a speaker or obtain books click here
- If you wish to contact our tramways section click here
- If you wish to report a problem with the site click here to contact our Web Master